Oct 18, 2008

what do i believe, exactly?

I haven't blogged in a million years, and I'm not about to start now. Given how little attention I've been paying this blog, the reader will hardly believe me when I say it is my new goal to write and submit an essay for NPR's "This I believe" series. But it's my new life aspiration, and having just accomplished two major goals: Getting a full time job in Seattle, and getting into CMYK Magazine; I think I can accomplish this one too. Doesn't mean I'll get picked, but at least it gives me sort of an interesting writing prompt. Like college essay writing. I don't think it's ever a bad thing to get clarity on what you believe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite "This I believe" was from R. Kelly. It was a bit of a stretch in that he actually believed he could fly, but I feel he pulled it off and produced an excellent essay.

I think it was then used as the basis for the awesome 80's movie "The Boy Who Could Fly"

mollie said...

congrats on your new job!